Junior Graphic Designer
We are looking for a creative, committed and reliable individual in an exciting opportunity to join our fast-growing family-run company in Cardiff.
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
SALARY: £18,500 to £19,500 (Reflective of experience)
START DATE: September 2019
WHO ARE WE?
Maddocks is a trade-only wholesale distribution company specialising in the supply of spare parts and accessories for commercial and domestic appliances. Our 43,000sq. ft Distribution Centre is based in the prestigious Capital Business Park, Cardiff, and are now looking to develop our commercial team as part of our ambitious growth strategy.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The successful applicant can expect the following responsibilities:
- • Email Marketing and Maintenance
- • Photography of New/Current product lines
- • Post production of images for use with marketing material/webstore/packaging
- • Product Line Drawings
- • High quality product schematic drawings containing dimensions for out-sourcing projects
- • Sales Campaign Marketing Material e.g. mailouts
- • Packaging design for new/existing products using the Company’s trademark brand
- • Competitor Research
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- • Knowledge and Experience of using Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- • Excellent image processing/retouching skills
- • Photo editing and image manipulation
- • Packaging design – e.g. create retail boxes from die cut layouts
- • Basic understanding of HTML and Email marketing
- • the ability to achieve and exceed agreed targets
- • the ability to be "company-minded" – demonstrating an excellent work-ethic and passionate dedication to the job
- • be personable, self-confident and have the ability to adapt and integrate well into the company
- • the ability to have a basic understanding or appreciation of products of a technical nature
- • excellent communication skills and IT literacy
- • the flexibility to work occasional longer hours to meet high-priority, or unexpected deadlines
WHAT ABOUT PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE?
Whilst the application from anyone who can demonstrate proven experience in a similar role will be closely considered; having years of “relevant industry experience” is not essential to be considered for the role.
What’s most desirable is that the successful applicant is adaptable; and that they are ready and willing to learn about our products, having natural ability.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT CAN EXPECT TO RECEIVE:
- • An annual leave entitlement of 20 days (+ bank holidays), increasing by a day for each year of service up to a maximum of 26.
- • Company pension scheme
- • Automatic enrolment in the company bonus scheme for achieving agreed targets
- • Full initial training and on-going support for the role
- • Learning and development opportunities
- • Free onsite parking
- • A friendly working environment surrounded by motivating colleagues
HOW WILL WE CHOOSE THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE?
Applications will be reviewed, and those who we feel are most suited to the role can expect to be contacted about carrying out a task related to the advertised role to showcase your skills. Upon completion of the task, a shortlist will be drawn up and any successful candidates can expect to be called to arrange an interview. During the interview we will look to assess your skills and experience.
To help support your CV, please include a URL link for an online portfolio or email any relevant work to email@example.com.