Looking for a new adventure? Could you add value to our organisation? Find out about our exciting opportunities we have to offer.
Along with the open vacancies below we always welcome CV’s / approaches from any individual/s that feels they may add value to our organisation. Maddocks is a trade only B2B wholesale distribution company specialising in the supply of spare parts and accessories for home appliances. We’re family-owned and operated, and in December 2022 celebrated our 65th birthday, having been founded in 1957 by the great-grandfather of our current managing director.
B2B Business Development & Sales Account Manager
Operating from our 43,000sq. ft. facility in the prestigious Capital Business Park, Cardiff, we are now looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Business Development & Sales Account Manager to join our company’s ‘family’, and join the existing established sales-team to help deliver the Company’s ambitious growth strategy.
The role will cover the entire UK, and will focus on developing, managing, and driving the distribution, volume, and brand awareness of our products within our key strategic routes to market of B2B sales to retail, and B2B sales to service and repair companies. In the role, you will be the face of the business in all aspects of customer acquisition and follow-up customer service for those clients you are responsible for.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Be:
- Identify new prospects and marketplace opportunities through targeted market research, and develop these to generate new business turnover.
- Undertaking new customer prospecting research, acquisition, nurture, and development achieved by proactive outbound customer telesales and/or email contact.
- Review identified underperforming existing business relationships the company has, and use telesales and/or email contact to identify and stimulate new business opportunities.
- Arrange video meetings to help establish and develop new and existing relationships, and by exception, make in-person visits to key prospects to help close any significant business opportunities arising.
- Provide select customer account management covering follow up customer service, order queries and first line service resolution to those business relationships you are responsible for.
- Acquire an excellent top-level understanding of the company’s key attributes, supply capabilities and e-commerce platform to effectively sell it to prospective clients.
- Acquire a broad and sufficient level of basic product understanding to help sell the company and or support customer enquiries.
- Provide regular updates to the Head of Sales; strive to refine and continuously improve your presentation of the company based on feedback received.
- Work collaboratively alongside the Head of Sales and existing sales team, to ensure business targets and customer requirements are met.
- Ensure that feedback from prospective and new clients is communicated to the Head of Sales and existing sales team and acted on as necessary.
The Key Attributes We Are Looking For Are:
- No previous experience necessary however you must be looking to develop into a sales role with an enthusiastic and positive attitude (requisite product/services training will be given).
- A natural aptitude for speaking to people and developing rapport over the telephone.
- Actively motivated by identifying new business development opportunities and following them through from inception to a successful conclusion.
- Be highly motivated, results driven, and flexible with your approach to workload and working hours to meet agreed targets.
- Demonstrate highly developed and effective communication and presentation skills.
- Be a confident self-starter who is happy to take broad direction and then work under your own initiative.
- Be able to manage your diary, work methodically, and meet agreed deadlines.
- Have experience using a business ERP/CRM system and be broadly technically capable of keeping it up to date.
- Be IT literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Be open to collaborative working and feedback to help achieve broader team goals.
- Demonstrate a positive, 'can-do' attitude, with the willingness and enthusiasm to develop.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and have a full UK driving licence.
- Have authorisation to work within the UK.
Desirable, But Not Essential
- Have experience in the home appliance industry and/or other spare parts aftermarket industries (additional training in product/services training will be given).
- Have experience using Oracle’s NetSuite ERP system.
The Successful Applicant Can Expect To Receive:
- Annual leave entitlement of 20 days (+ bank holidays), increasing by a day for each year of service up to a maximum of 26.
- Automatic enrolment in the company pension scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- A friendly working environment surrounded by long-standing, motivating colleagues.
37.5 hours a week Mon-Fri, typically 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary: £24,000.00 per year basic, rising to £30,000.00 per year OTE if targets are met.
Supplemental Pay Types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Cardiff, CF3 2PY: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
GCSE or equivalent (preferred)